Friday, September 04, 2009

The Urban Guy

I always feel that I am lucky that I grew up in Delhi. Apart from good opportunities in terms of career, I think the atmosphere in Delhi taught me to be tolerant and open minded. During my growing years I learned to respect other cultures, opinions and most of all respect for an individual irrespective of caste, color or sex (Thanks to good schooling and progressive parenting).

So, I don't think that it's too much to expect that the people who have grown up with me in Delhi under similar circumstances, who have done their schooling from similar schools and who have well educated parents to be more or less like me when it comes to basic character and ethics.

Below is an abstract from a recent chat I had with an old acquaintance:

(We were talking about marriage in this part)

Me: tere end pe kya scene chal raha hai?
Urban: yaar kaam settle ho gaya to definitely next year
Me: sounds right vese bhi i guess 27-28 is the appropriate age i guess
Urban: dont know yaaaar i tell u one funda... :) girls are like fruits... first lot market mein aata hai 18-22 saal ka lucky guys get that fresh ripen lot
Me: then?
Urban: then second lot aata hai 23-26 saal ka usually used or smthg but still manageable phir aata hai last lot 27 - 30 saal ki ladkiyoon ka rarely good piece in the cart if u get one u r lucky otherwise accept it and move on :)
Me: OMG! Gurudev..
Urban: hehehe funde :)
Me: i don't have time for this rt now bt someday i'll love to know what exctly do u mean by "GOOD LOT" or if u can explain inshort
Urban: nothing for it good lot means good looking, fresh, .... etc etc just imagine a mango cart :) in mng, afternoon and eve
Me: u r treating girls like commodity man.. not the right approach . to find someone with whom u plan to spend rest of ur life with
Urban: lol.. not treating dude.. drawing analogy big diff the thing was.. that its better to find one by 26 otherwise difficult later on u took it in wrong sense LOL


After this I didn't feel like talking to him about this subject and digressed.

Urban is a guy of my age, grew up in Delhi, lives in one of the top residential location in Delhi, has done his schooling from a good school, is a shrewd fellow and has a successful career but I feel sorry to know him and I feel sorry for the mango he'll get married to.

0 comments: