Monday, January 03, 2011

Hakone Trip

The last day of the year was spent sight seeing in Hakone. Debbie got to see Mt. Fuji for the first time. Although I have seen Mt. Fuji a million times already and have also gone hiking all the way to the top. And this trip was not just about watching Mt. Fuji from some other mountain. The trip had other attractions as well - a ride on a toy train, a cable car, a rope way and ship cruise. Watching volcanic activity in a mountain and watching the beautiful terrain from the cable car and toy train. But believe me when I say that all the other activities are like side-kicks of a movie in front of Fuji. The presence of this dormat volcano is felt at every point. Although the snow covered Fuji is just standing there all by itself at a distance afar but it draws your attention like a magnet draws paperclips. Everything is dwarfed by its mere presence. And as I said earlier even though I have seen Mt. Fuji a million time already but I was still in awe by it. How great is thou art.






0 comments: